In all our years of doing eyelash extensions at Kiwi lash n brow – Auckland Eyelash Extensions, we’ve never seen an eye that we couldn’t dress up with lash extensions. In short – applied correctly, in a customized way, they suit just about everyone!
Everyone’s eyes, however, are completely unique in terms of their size, shape, depth and colour – so it’s not a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to applying eyelash extensions. Lashes that suit a 19 year old party girl with dark colouring will probably be quite different to those that suit a conservative lady in her mid 50’s with a fair complexion. This is why every set of lash extensions we do is completely customized to the wearer. In fact, at Kiwi lash n brow we have 9 different lengths, 3 types of curvature, as well as various thicknesses, colours and materials (pure synthetics or silk) to choose from – meaning that there are literally hundreds of different looks and combinations possible. All new clients receive a full consultation to help choose their lashes; here are a few things to keep in mind when selecting your lash look!
Types of eyelash extensions
• Generally, the thicker/longer your own lashes, the thicker and longer extension that can be applied. Very thin/sparse natural lashes should have a finer, shorter extension so as not to weigh them down. Curled lashes are great for creating volume without too much weight
• Those with straighter lashes (particular Asian hair types) should opt for a curled lash, as it will really make the eyes pop and lift up the natural lash line, rather than dragging it down.
• Those with rounder/larger eyes benefit from our ‘cat-eye’ look – applying more/longer lashes to the outer corner of the eyes. This elongates the eyes for a very sexy look!
• Almond shaped eyes don’t often suit the cat-eye look, but look beautiful with a longer lash extensions applied to the middle of the eye, to widen it.
• Those with deep set eyes usually require longer extensions with not as much curl, and often benefit from having a full set rather than glam set, as glam sets on smaller or deep-set eyes can look over-done.
• Our glam sets are the most stunning looking lash extensions, and are incredibly popular with brides as well as girls going on holidays and wanting a long-lasting look (normally you get an extra week between infills with a glam set).
• Those with large eyes, dark thick hair and/or lots of natural lashes are recommended to go with the glamour set, as more lashes are applied, which will result in a fuller and longer lasting look. Hey – if you’ve got it, flaunt it, I say!
• Mature ladies wishing to lengthen their lashes but still look natural may opt for a finer extension type in a shorter length, or even our silk extensions which are soft and lightweight
• Semi-sets are great for those who already have long dark lashes but are looking for something to add a bit of sparkle and flair out the corners.
• Coloured highlights are great for the adventurous, but can be quite subtle too – violet and navy highlights are very popular, and colours can be selected to compliment your iris colour.
• Shorter. finer full set lashes are most suitable for guys (yes we do ‘Guylashes!’) trying our extensions and not wanting the effect to be too obvious)
At Kiwi lash n brow, our aim is to create lashes that look naturally beautiful – as you were just blessed with amazing, long healthy lashes! However we create according to your requirement – so if you’ve got something entirely different in mind, we can accommodate! You will be given a full consultation prior to your first set, to ensure that you absolutely love your new lashes. If you’d like some more inspiration, have a look through our photo gallery to see how different types of eyelash extensions look on different eye shapes.